Giving you full entry to his personal kitchen, Mike explains his easy however yummy recipe, “Skinny Sumo Stir Fry with Chicken.” It is the precise recipe he wrote about in Fighter’s Only Train Hard Fight Easy Magazine.
Here is the information on how to make it:
- 1 chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (Vegan option: Omit chicken, serve vegetables over quinoa)
- 2 cups broccoli and/or asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- Coat small pan with peanut oil, and cook chicken until no longer pink inside.
- Steam broccoli/asparagus in separate pan until tender.
- In another pan, sauté mushrooms in peanut oil until browned.
- Combine chicken, mushrooms and broccoli/asparagus in bowl.
- Top with onions, sprouts and low-sodium soy sauce.
The good stuff
A lean protein, chicken is both filling and healthy, because it’s a complete protein that contains water-soluble vitamins. Broccoli is a good source of fiber and vitamins, while both broccoli and asparagus offer antioxidants.