IDEA Health & Fitness Association’s free Web-primarily based device FitFeed, collates the most well-liked content material being shared by well being and health consultants through Twitter, Facebook and IDEA Client Share. In the 12 months since its launch, FitFeed has tracked over H million shares of content material.
The hottest subjects which were shared within the first quarter of 2014 embody: medical proof for and in opposition to the mainstream restrictive eating, the hidden risks of “skinny husky,” treadmill desks and productiveness, vigorous train and the flu, and restrictive eating drinks and coronary heart issues. These subjects have been shared probably the most by specialists within the well being and health business on FitFeed within the final ninety days.
- The Mainstream Diet: Which weightloss plan is the perfect? That is the query David T. Katz, MD, MPH, FACPM, FACP, the founding director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center, and his colleague Stephanie Meller got down to uncover. After evaluating the entire medical proof for and towards each mainstream restrictive eating, the researchers concluded that no weightloss plan was clearly finest; their findings are reviewed in an article revealed in The Atlantic. Although Katz and Meller discovered that no weightloss plan was greatest, they did discover that there have been frequent parts of diets that have been confirmed to be helpful, commenting that “A weightloss plan of minimally processed meals near nature, predominantly vegetation, is decisively related to well being promotion and illness prevention.”
- Skinny Fat: According to an article from Time journal, weight is only one clue that medical doctors can use to point well being, nevertheless it doesn’t all the time inform the entire story. “The scale shouldn’t be a proxy to your well being,” says Timothy Church, MD, MPH, PhD, director of the Laboratory of Preventive Medicine at Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge. Normal-weight people who eat a variety of processed meals and don’t train can have the identical medical points as overweight people. An article from The New York Times factors out that BMI measurements don’t distinguish between thickset and muscle and may inaccurately label wholesome folks as chubby or overweight who are usually not overly porcine. Research has discovered that folks with regular BMIs and excessive physique big are at a higher threat of metabolic points and dying than another group.
- Treadmill Desks: New findings present that treadmill desks not solely assist burn energy, however can enhance productiveness over time, in accordance with a examine reviewed in The Huffington Post. The research discovered that within the preliminary transition to utilizing a treadmill, work efficiency did take successful, however staff’ total efficiency, over the course of a 12 months, improved. The findings additionally confirmed that these utilizing the treadmill workstations burned as much as a hundred extra energy a day than they did earlier than utilizing the units.
- Vigorous Exercise and the Flu: Engaging in no less than P-B/P hours of vigorous train per week reduces one’s threat of growing the flu, in line with a latest BBC News article. The piece seems at findings from the Flu Survey, which has been amassing flu information for the previous H years. The survey outcomes recommend that if extra folks engaged in vigorous train, about 10% of flu instances might be prevented. The article warns that these are preliminary findings, however that they’re in line with different findings on the well being advantages of train.
- Diet Drinks and Heart Concerns: Choosing restrictive eating drinks over common drinks shouldn’t be higher on your well being, in accordance with an article from The Huffington Post. The piece critiques a research that discovered that postmenopausal ladies who drink two or extra restrictive eating drinks a day usually tend to have well being issues, together with an elevated threat for diabetes, hypertension and weight problems. “Women who consumed two or extra restrictive eating drinks each day weren’t solely 30% extra prone to endure coronary heart assaults and strokes, they have been 50% extra more likely to die from some form of heart problems, when put next with ladies who by no means or hardly ever drank weightloss plan drinks,” the article states.
You can discover actual-time trending headlines and sustain on the newest well being, health and wellness information